Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

delightfully wacky

recently, i've discovered some very interesting and hilarious websites that are my smart-ass replacements for all the total shit celebrity trash i was feeding myself for months and months back when i was a card-carrying member of the "perez hilton train wreck" club.  the new websites are: passiveagressivenotes.com, which i love, of course, because it's packed with snarky, evil messages people have left for all those who have done them wrong (i'm learning lots and will use it all to my advantage when i finally find the time to write my parking ticket complaint letter); and cakewrecks.blogspot.com, which isn't as snarky but is often hilarious; and postsecret.com, which isn't exactly new to my rotation, but fits nicely into the above category.  this websites, along with the copy of "mortified" i just got in the mail, have planted a seed in my brain: i need to think up a new blog that would allow me to collect fabulous, creative, hysterical information from around the world and share it with people.  i absolutely adore the idea of setting up a theme, collecting photos or quotes and displaying them.  maybe it taps directly into my intense need to be a voyeur (which, incidentally, is why i loved paparazzi photos for such a long time).  whatever the reason for my desire to do this, i suddenly feel that i must.  sadly, though, my only idea as of right now is to start a collection of "vacation photos from afar,"* which i tend to think only i consider hilarious.

i'll have to keep working on it.


*my love for the insanity that is the widescreen tourist photo was born after my family's trip to chicago and springfield, missouri last summer, when my mother handed me a gigantic stack of pictures she'd taken with disposable cameras and had developed in doubles so that i could have copies.  nearly half of the hundreds of pictures she took were, i kid you not, of me or my brother or my dad from what appears to be two miles away, as we inspect lincoln's outhouse or pose in front of chicago's field museum.  these photos, and how delightfully bizarre they are, struck a cord with me.  obviously.  (just try to find me in the big picture up there that you thought was all tree and shanty house.)

No comments: