Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

big, warm and glowy

i am sitting in a big fluffy chair near a warm, glowy fire in that house where i grew up, using my mom's new laptop computer and sniffling/sneezing uncontrollably (which i am almost positive is a punishment for mocking my brother earlier about the fact that he is allergic to just about every living thing in the universe). luke, my littlest brother and my mommy are playing a card game - i've opted out because i am too sleepy and buzzy from some beer and kosher wine from our make-shift saturday night passover seder. (i also think i love watching luke interact, by himself, with my family - it's equal parts cute and comforting.) there's a certain energy to the house right now, mostly because we're all here, with our significant others. sam, my disgustingly talented artist brother, currently in his second year in college, is home for the weekend with his adorable girlfriend and i've brought luke, fresh from a trip to his own hometown, home for an easter weekend at my jewish grandparents' house. we drove up tonight after spending all of friday and part of this morning in the desert with luke's family and i think that all that family togetherness, on both sides, has made me a little more emotional than usual. (it's that, or the wine).

it's just literally been months, and perhaps even a year, since we've all been together and happy and sleeping in the same house. i don't mind sitting out of the games for a little while and enjoying what it means to all be here. that's something to revel in.

No comments: