Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

i gots a mole

this day was perfect.  l. and i went up to my hometown and swam in my grandparents' pool, drinking lemonade and wearing straw hats.  we wore sunglasses in the hot tub, got chlorine in our eyes and basked in the sunshine with my younger brother, talking about how nice it was to feel sun kissed and relaxed.  i haven't had a day like that in a long, long time, and i'd say it was well deserved for all of us.

the thing i should have remembered, however, was sunscreen.  not because i got a horrific sunburn, because i didn't (a surprise, because i usually almost always fry, regardless of the amount of oily lotion i slather on myself).  no, it isn't a sunburn i'm cursing right now.  i'm a little appalled at my own neglect.  i should have worn sunscreen because just two days ago i had a minor panic attack about a brand-new red mole i've grown on my skin.  apparently, it's nothing, as it's not flaking or burning or itching or irregularly shaped or made of a mosaic of colors (i did have a doctor tell me this, so it's true).  however, having been so concerned about the mole that i dragged myself to the student health center to get it inspected even though i am now no longer a student, i should have been a little better about trying to prevent any more new growths.  blarg.  interestingly enough, i just googled images of red moles and found everything from naked mole rats to tacos covered in mole sauce.  yummy.

No comments: