Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

whiny pants*

i have a cold.  this is annoying, but also helpful in explaining why i've been exhausted, sore, achey and miserable this week (school/life anxiety notwithstanding, of course).  luke got sick on monday, but because i was a whirling dervish of craze, i didn't really even think about dousing myself in hand sanitizer and overdosing on vitamin c and zinc, which is usually standard protocol for me if someone close to me (read: the husband) is even suspected of being ill.  in my overwhelmed delirium, i didn't even think about it and here i am, suffering while he gets better.  i'm mostly just super achey and have a crazy sore throat, so i think i'll live.  also, because i've worked all week and then gone to lab to study every day, i've given myself tonight and all day tomorrow to break from studying/stressing, so that i'll have some time to recoup before starting the shit storm again on monday.  it is what i call a "mental health break," which i suppose is a nicer, more polite way of saying, "i will lose my shit entirely if i don't have a day to laze around and run errands (such as getting a new pair of cheap sears optical glasses, as the puppy has successfully gnawed the stems off of both my current pairs.  i've been wearing wonky glasses for week)."

i have tomorrow morning off as well (and it's supposed to rain), so here's to sleeping in and drinking tea!



*at 5:45am monday through friday, i have a cup of coffee with the landfill's lead mechanic.  this in and of itself is supremely bizarre, because while everyone i know is still asleep, i'm becoming best friends with a man who has a daughter my age (or older?  i've never asked).  anyway, the point is that i've been a miserable mess this week and pre-6 am is probably when i'm at my worst.  therefore, while i apologize that i've briefly turned this blog into a weep-a-thon, begging for you all to play your tiny violins for me, you should probably just thank your lucky stars you don't have to share that first cup of coffee with me.

No comments: