Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

soft pretzels and hand cramps*

my inability to commit to a blog format is probably HUGELY indicative of how much trouble i'm having making decisions these days.  why oh why do i have so many choices?  this is definitely a "my diamond shoes are too tight" problem, but it's an issue nevertheless.

i chose this background almost entirely because luke deemed it "too insane."  i figured that suited me.  also, it's a picture of gigantic salted soft pretzels, which are essentially the stuff of my life.

aside from pondering the existential questions raised by my blog background unrest, i've spent most of the day writing out flash cards on muscles and their origins and insertions for my advanced osteology class.  i told myself that today, i would just make them and that the studying would begin in earnest perhaps tomorrow or next week (as we're not being tested on muscular anatomy for a few weeks anyway).  however, this afternoon was proof that there is absolutely no way to stare down the barrel of a gun (or, in this case, twenty pages of muscles and their functions, origins, insertions and innervations) without wanting to crap your pants.  thank god i'd already given myself clearance not to do anything but make the cards today.  i'd feel really bad about myself if i'd been rendered immobile by the insane amount of information i'm expected to know on a day when i was supposed to be actively learning it.

not happening right now.  instead, i'm finishing the cards and then going with luke and the dog to have din din with my parents and clay.  this is a very, very welcome distraction.


*upon review, that sounds pretty disgusting.  however, it's still a pretty valid description of my life at the moment, so i say, it stays!

No comments: