Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

i don't think you're ready for this jelly

yesterday afternoon, on my way to class after a horrible day, i completely flattened the front my car into a giant jeep grand cherokee on the freeway.  i have never before been the cause of an accident and this one was a doozy.  pieces of my poor little scion box were littered over the freeway, so much so that people behind us had to swerve around them.  i don't think i was going super fast, because it was stop and go traffic and despite my high hopes for getting to class on time, one cannot go 65 mph on the 101 at 4:45 pm.  that being said, traffic was breaking up and i was distracted and when the guy in front of me had to slam on his brakes, i was screwed.  the worst part about this huge mess is that i'd already had an epically disastrous day and had actually been thinking/crying/obsessing about it when i lost focus for a second and caused the accident.

right before the accident, i had to go to cvs to pick up a prescription, where the pharmacy tech actually heckled me for picking up medication for something she thought was "so gross."  i was publicly shamed by a medical professional, which of course made me insane.  and then i got in my car.  probably not a good idea.  but, before i left the store and just after my upsetting encounter with the pharmacy counter biatch, i discovered that, lucky me!, it's almost easter and there was a toooooon of delicious easter candy out on display.  i bought a gigantic bag of jelly beans and ripped it open in the parking lot, calming my nerves with sugar.

the most upsetting part of the car accident?  that giant, open bag of jelly beans, the stuff of my life, whiplashed around until all the beans were scattered around the floor of the passenger side.  it really was a terribly sad microcosm of what was happening in my life.

jelly beans all over the floor.  so depressing.

No comments: