Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

elementary schools are terrible cesspools

i am fighting off a doozy of a cold right now - i'm popping cold-eeze every three hours as directed and am sending all my positive energy into the universe.  i'm refusing to get all-out sick and disgusting because i was just sick two weeks ago.  this illness extravaganza has graced me with its presence because i'm working in a kindergarten classroom, where sick children wipe their noses with their hands and put their pencils in their mouths.  if i'm to trust all the people i work with at the school, all this exposure to disease will eventually make my immune system so resilient that i will basically be made of steel.  until then, though, i advise you to buy lots of stock in zinc supplements, because i'll be tearing through packages like a madwoman.

illnesses aside, i love my job.  the kids, while crazy and stubborn and generally inclined not to listen to me, are adorable and clever and, most importantly, five.  i love children, which i think might actually make it a little more difficult for me in class.  i'm too nice and silly sometimes, which means when i try to get them to focus on their work with my "stern teacher voice," they don't take me seriously.  

it's still fun.

No comments: