Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

treading

this weekend, our treadmill was finally deemed fit for use, as luke cleaned off all the many layers of dust its insides had accumulated in the five years since someone used it.  it has always been a dream of mine to have a treadmill in my house, because i felt that its absolute convenience would produce huge amounts of guilt should i decide not to exercise, and guilt is an emotion much more powerful for me than laziness.  if i had a treadmill in my house, i would run all the time!  and be in shape again!  and not run a ten minute mile (like i did tonight)!  so, imagine how awful it's been for me to have something shaped like a treadmill, something that whispered the promise of a treadmill, in the apartment for months, without being able to use it for fear that the dirty old gears would combust.  that's all done now, thankfully.  i had my (severely disappointing) run tonight and feel accomplished, as i always do after i actually move around a little bit.  my ultimate goal is the elusive six minute mile, which i ran as a high school freshman when i was still running track.  however, even if that never happens, i will still carry with me always how hysterical it was to watch penny (below)


actually love the treadmill.  she learned how to walk on it all by herself, out of sheer curiosity and genius.

god, people are going to hate talking to me when i have my own children.  i'm already way too obnoxious about these cats.

No comments: