Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

MJT

i've just finished my spanish final, and spent some time in the library trying to study for my two upcoming finals, and i think it's safe to say that i am completely over this. it's unfortunate to be this checked out right before i have to take the last two college tests i'll be responsible for (at least until i get my act together and apply for grad school), but i truly believe there's nothing to be done. i'm surprised i even made through this quarter, actually, it being so incredibly craptastic and everything. right now, i guess i'm just banking on my well-honed inferential abilities to get me through these tests.

in other news, yesterday j.* and i went to the museum of jurassic technology on venice blvd. (my tour of a museum on the eve of an 8 am final should be an indication of how totally done i am.) i'm all for awkward, weird craziness, but that museum did very little other than piss me off. what makes me the most irritated is that i yelped it (http://www.yelp.com/) and everyone apparently loved the completely esoteric exhibits on dice and russian space dogs and 17th century magnetic scientists and logic languages. i can't believe it. i spent the entire hour and fifteen minutes we wandered around in there hating everyone else who nodded and pretended like they knew what was going on. it was very much like performance art, which i think is insanely pretentious. the content of the museum would have been interesting had it not been presented in such an alienating and incoherent way. perhaps, though, it is simply my fault that i cannot appreciate the museum's massive exhibition of the unexplained works of an obscure psychologist (complete with a replication of the attic workspace upon which he wrote his massive tome i've never heard of).




*i've decided not to mention anyone by name, as i've already cloaked l. in mystery and felt it was only fair to do the same with everyone else in my life. it will also probably force me to create as spreadsheet or something with all the people i know and their top secret names, which will make me feel special, i'm sure

No comments: